A recipe blog for picky eaters.

Thursday, April 14, 2011

Nutella Toffee Crescents

 If you have a sister, you probably know that they're your first friend, and if you're fortunate as you grow older, they'll come to be one of your truest friends. My big sister has taught me so much over the years. One of the most important things she has taught me is how to cook. Even if it was via the telephone after she had moved out and gotten married. Bless her heart, she was so patient when I was calling every five minutes when I wanted to attempt to fix dinner for the family while Mom was at work. I distinctly remember one night I called her so many times over frozen chicken that she answered her phone, "Julia Child!" That memory always makes me smile. I love my sister.

Somehow I always end up going off on a tangent in my posts...back to the food!

Breakfast...brunch...afternoon or midnight snack, I could eat these yummy treats any time! My sister brought these to a dinner at our Mom and Dad's house recently and I fell in love with them. The first words out of my mouth were, "Oh my gosh these are SO good, they're going on the blog!" They're super easy to make, and even more delicious. Even better, there are only four ingredients!

What you'll need: Two cans of Crescent Rolls, 1 cup Nutella, Heath Milk Chocolate Toffee Bits and Confectioners Sugar.

Open one can of crescents, separate each triangle. Now comes the fun part...melting the Nutella. Since I like to keep it simple, I microwaved it for about 30 seconds. The key is to make it look like this:

Spread the warm Nutella on a crescent triangle.
Then sprinkle the toffee bits on top of the Nutella.
Roll the crescents up and place on a greased baking pan. If there is some overflow of the "good stuff" you might want to fold the end of the crescents over so that goodness doesn't escape.
They don't look so fancy now, but when these babies are done, they are oh so scrumptious. Bake at 375 for 11-13 minutes, or until they're golden brown. Dust with confectioners sugar while they're still warm.
Of course, they're good after they've cooled, but they're even better when served warm. Which is exactly my reasoning for waiting approximately 1.2 seconds before having one on my plate.
The next time you're looking for something simply delicious and indulgent, give Nutella Toffee Crescents a try!

5 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh, I seriously want one of these right now!! Must make! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a yummy treat for my sweet tooth. Would love to try these. And they look simple.

    :D
    Tara
    www.TheButterDish.net

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would knock down several people to get to these without remorse. Sad but true ;) They look super!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I tried these tonight and they were SOO delicious! Thanks for sharing this recipe with us! I hope you don't mind, I shared it on my blog and credited you for it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Nancy! You may have just given me some inspiration to get this thing up and going again! Work and school have pretty much zapped my zest for blogging. :) Glad you enjoyed the recipe!

    ReplyDelete